Monday, October 16, 2006

Dreary Monday

I could have happily stayed in bed all day. It's wonderfully rainy, and I am blah to match. (You know...cramps and mood swings. Fun!) I had a great day off last Friday. Mia and I had fun just running around. I got to see my wedding dress in person, and I can confirm that this one really is "The One"! It's beautiful! My bridesmaids have seen the picture and so have my parents. Everyone else gets to wait until September 29th! It's just beautiful, though!

After looking at dresses, we headed over to Snider Plaza and had lunch and walked around looking at things we can't afford. We found a yummy place called DoughMonkey. It's a bakery, and they make some very tasty treats! From there, we headed over to Preston Plaza to meet up with Kim. We were going to do the dance class, but Mia wasn't feeling good and Kim was developing a headache, so we met at Javalatto and then went to Snuffers. After that I had to head on and go to the store. David got home around 8:45 and we spent a lovely evening sitting on the patio and enjoying wine. Saturday was a lazy day, but I did get up and get my nails done at a very cool place in Colleyville called the Nail Bar with Mom and Angela. They did an amazing job on my nails...they needed some TLC! Then mom and I went on to TJ Maxx and shopped a little bit. Saturday night David took me to Dragonfly for cocktails and appetizers-seriously, YUM! The atmosphere is swanky and fun. It's a great place to peoplewatch! We were going to go to Taco Diner from there for dinner, but it's apparently closed and gone, so we were silly and went to the Hard Rock for dinner. The last time I was at one of those places was in Paris! We had fun and after our late dinner, we went home and called it a night.

And Sunday was just as it should be...spent snuggled up on the couch watching movies. With the rain and cold, it was a perfect day to spend indoors. :)

So that's it. We had a great weekend. David has to leave again tomorrow and he's gone until next Sunday. :( I'm going to miss him so very much! But after this week he is home for a week and a half, so that will be very nice for me. And for him too!

Everyone have a good Monday! Be careful out on those wet roads!

No comments: