Thursday, October 26, 2006

Moving Forward

Today is a very important day for me. They have organized a Weight Watchers at Work group, and I am going. How do I know I am actually going to do it? Because I had to pre-pay for 16 weeks. I am already financially committed and I don't like to waste money. Besides, I can't quit...too many people I know here in the office are going, and if I quit they'll come harass me! So today I am starting fresh and not looking back at all. I ran across my weigh-in booklets from last year and started to look through them...and then I put them away. I want to keep them as a reminder of success but I am not going to look at them for a long time because I start to get upset with myself for stopping. I was doing incredibly well, and then when my Gran passed I used it as an excuse to stop being responsible for my own actions and I just fell off track.

No more. I want to be 2 dress sizes smaller when I order my wedding dress next February/March. I can do this!

So this time is different. I'm ready to be successful again. I'm ready to feel proud of my achievements again. And every Thursday at 11am I am ready to be accountable and step on the scale at my meetings...and share the good news (and sometimes not so good news) with you guys. So if you don't see a Thursday weigh-in post? Feel free to ask me what's up. I'm ready to get healthy and feel good! I have bags and boxes of clothes just waiting to be worn again, including a pair of jeans that looked really great on me...my Levis low rise boot cut jeans. I will wear them again. Until they become too big!

So once again, I am joining WW. But this time I am sticking with it and doing it just for me!

3 comments:

Joseph said...

If you feel yourself slipping, call me or any other friend and we will talk you off the ledge (or burger)

Kim said...

You go girl! Yes, please feel free to email or call if you feel like you are slipping. We are all here :).

Jerilyn said...

And I don't mind coming to your house and making sure you don't have unhealthy food there.....I'll even offer to dispose of it for you.