Monday, April 19, 2010

Can I Just Feel Human Again?

I am so tired this morning. I slept horribly, feel grumpy this morning, and would just like to go back to bed and not come out from under the sheets. I think the end of semester rush to get things done is getting to me. I really need some sort of break...the two weeks in between the spring semester and summer school will hopefully help. I am driving up to Chris' this weekend in Union City. I think this is going to be a good break, but I have to make sure I have all my homework done BEFORE I go up there because I doubt I will want to do it when I get home Sunday night. I talked with Chris last night and I think we're going to spend the weekend at their lake house...this will be good stuff!

I was going to do the 5K Saturday, but we got out there and it really started raining hard. I've done a 5K in the rain, and I HATE it. I don't like being soaking wet and walking in wet, squishy socks and shoes. So back home we went. I ended up doing my 5K on the treadmill, but it doesn't have that same personal satisfaction. Oh well. So I feel like a letdown there. We were supposed to have friends over Sunday, but David came home Saturday night feeling worn down and with the rain and some last minute projects that got piled on him for work, cooking out and having friends over just wasn't going to work out for him. So I feel like nothing that was supposed to happen this weekend got to happen. I spent my day working on homework instead. Which is a good use of time, but it wasn't what I wanted to do. Oh well...I guess I don't get things to go my way all the time.

So today I just feel blah. I'd rather not interact with people and I want to just pull the covers over my head and not come out. I just feel that way today, and that's all there is to that. I know...I'm a grumpus and I think for today I'm going to just stay in my cube and do what I need to do. I have school tonight so I'll finally get to call it a day around 8:30 after I get home. I think I'll just take a bath and go to bed. It might be safer for everyone if I just keep to myself.

So while nothing bad has happened, I am in a crummy mood. It might be nice if it passed soon. I'll try and be more cheery tomorrow. Ugh.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'm grumpus too. So, I feel your pain. Hang in there gal. I am going to now go get my 4th cup of coffee!

Jennifer said...

Glad it's not just me, but Heaven help those around us today, right?

Kim said...

We ALL have days like that! Sorry your weekend didn't go as planned. I hate when that happens to me too often...

I hope this week brings you rest and people who cheer you up!