Thursday, April 01, 2010

The Pain of Success

After round 2 with Susan today, I am officially sore all over. She worked me HARD today! There was a point that I thought I might actually barf on her, but happily that moment passed. She really is channeling that inner Jillian Michaels...which is a good thing for me. She had me doing all kinds of stuff today, and as tough as it was, I powered through and did it all! I'm really proud of myself. Tonight I am meeting my walking buddy, Debra, at 5pm and we'll walk for a couple of miles. (She's the one I met through my Today Show experience.) After that I really want to go get my nails done. Not to be too girly, but this is becoming a necessity!

I ordered a few new things from Old Navy Online yesterday. The skirt I wore was too big and it was getting on my nerves, so I ordered a new one and a couple of tops. I am going to wash and press the skirt and take it, along with some other things, to First HAND in For Worth so that I can donate it to people who need clothes. I have heard that larger women's clothing is always in demand, and I have lots of nice things that could use a good home. I'd like to think they will get a new life with someone who might really enjoy them.

Food choices today have been good! I am reaping the rewards of bringing my lunch every day, both health-wise and money-wise! I've decided it's safer for me to bring my lunch to work. It's all stuff I put together, and I bring lots of fruits and veggies for snacks. I think that's been my saving grace...I pack for a whole day. I bring breakfast, lunch, and two snacks to keep me going. And it's stuff like Wheat Thins, or cherry tomatoes, or strawberries (which are awesome at Kroger right now!). So I am still on a roll!

I think that's it for today. Everyone have a great Thursday!

No comments: