Friday, April 02, 2010

Easter Baskets

My dear friend Kim and I were talking about Easter baskets the other day. It was so fun to get one when I was little...hunting for all the Easter goodies, coloring eggs, and eating the ears off the chocolate bunnies.

Easter is different when you're grown up. You understand just what it's about, and suddenly the chocolate bunnies and the eggs don't mean so much. As a Christian, this is an incredibly important day. And I am so thankful to God for everything that it means.

One question: Even though I love the true meaning of Easter with all my heart, does it mean I can't still want a basket? Honestly, I would love to spend the evening tonight coloring eggs and making treats. I have little Easter treats for all the nieces and nephews, but I can't help but think it would be cool to have one, too. I guess I'll always feel like a little kid inside. I think that's a good thing. :)

So what would my basket have in it this year if I could have my way? Hmm...a little bit of chocolate, maybe some gum, cute pencils, a pair of fun earrings...silly stuff! Hey, a girl can dream!

All the silliness aside, I hope you have a most blessed Easter weekend. And remember, He is risen! (He is risen indeed!)

No comments: