Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Whirlwind!!

Wow, what a busy weekend! Friday night David and I actually got to have a date. We saw Clash of the Titans and then went to our favorite sushi place. They know us there, and I love that! They have the best sushi, and I love getting to support a local business.

Saturday was crazy. We were going to get up and walk, but we had to hit the ground running. David was smoking a brisket and I had to run to the store, and ended up going to about 4 places to get all the stuff I needed. We cleaned house and had our friends over that we're going to Europe with in December. We hadn't seen them in ages, and we try to make sure we're making the rounds and getting to see everyone at some point! The brisket was amazing, and it was a lovely evening.

Sunday was Easter, and we we got up early and went to church with my parents and grandfather and his wife, Ann. (She's so lovely, it makes it sound like I don't have a bond with her but I just can't call her my grandmother out of respect for my Gran.) We had lunch at Buca di Beppo, and I made some pretty good choices! We shared a very thin crust margherita pizza and some salad. YUM!! Then it was home long enough to change and then head to the other side of the world (Allen) for Easter dinner with David's family. We got home at a decent time, which is nice because I got to go to bed at 9:30! (Remember when that was a bad thing? Going to bed early?)

Yesterday feels a bit like a blur between a full day at work and then school. When I got home from school, my wonderful hubby had made dinner (baked chicken with cous cous - a WW favorite of mine!) and I even have leftovers for tonight!! After dinner it was more homework, and I finally got to tuck myself in at about 11pm. David wasn't too far behind...he'd been up working on reports. Mondays are so busy for him, especially right now. He's already on his way to New Orleans for the week and won't be home until Saturday night. However, I think his travel is light next week. (I hope!)

Just a month left of this semester, and lots of homework projects to work on. I will really be spending the bulk of my day Saturday doing homework so that I can spend Sunday with David, uninterrupted. It's going to be a good week, though. School tonight, dinner with the family tomorrow night, Thursday is my walking day with my new friend Debra, and Friday...well, not sure about Friday yet, but I may try and keep that one just for me. :)

Wednesday and Thursday at 10 I meet with my trainer, Susan. I think today after school I am going to go to the gym and try and get 30 minutes of cardio in. She and I do heavy duty weights together, and I need the cardio balance. I've had a rough time getting up in the mornings, so the AM workouts aren't really happening, and I need to find that balance again. But working out with Susan is my step in the right direction. I have all the confidence that this will help me move in the right direction.

So everyone have a great Tuesday! I'm still plugging along one step at a time, and I'm going to get there. I hope whatever you're working is getting you where you need to be, too! Remember, no matter what your struggle, I promise you someone else is sharing your burden. Be sure to lean on those around you when you need it. Asking for help will give you what you need to keep going!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I feel better just reading your blog! It's been a lonely day today... I hope you're having a great day!

Jennifer said...

Oh no! I hope that whatever makes this a lonely day for you is something you don't let get you too far down! Whatever it is that you need, be sure to give it to God...he has a way of giving us just what we need! :)