Friday, April 30, 2010

Hooray For Friday!

Worked out with the trainer today, but I felt weak today. Not sure why. I am going to start taking a multi-vitamin to try and help combat that. That's okay...I'll be strong and ready next week! After work, Mom and I are heading down to Austin. David is already there for work, and we're going to hear my friend Bryan do his DMA vocal recital on the UT campus tomorrow. I can't wait!

My eating has gone downhill this week. It started out very well and just tanked. But I'll do better starting this weekend. I am needing to get it under control, and I can do this. Just need to stop eating the crap food. Ugh!

Oh, this is cool...I found this on Paula Deen's website:


A wonderful exfoliant and full body moisturizer for use in the shower. Leave a jar near your outdoor shower at the beach to add a healthy glow to dull dry skin.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sea salt
1/2 cup sweet almond oil (can substitute light olive oil or vegetable oil)
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon orange zest

Directions:
In a medium dry bowl, combine all ingredients making sure to not let any water touch them as it will dissolve the salt. Pour mixture into an airtight container and store in a cool dry place.
To use: Just before showering, swirl ingredients together with your fingertips to mix. Clean body completely and just before exiting shower, apply Citrus Salt Body Scrub to body in a firm circular scrubbing motion with hands or a soft washcloth. Rinse off the mixture and pat body dry with a clean towel.

I love body scrubs, so I am totally going to make this. If I like it, you all may be getting it for birthdays/Christmas!! Besides, it's easy and wouldn't be expensive to make. Go check out Paula's website for the Corrie's Kitchen Spa (http://www.pauladeen.com/index.php/tier_2/view/corries_kitchen_spa/) - it's her niece's recipes for different spa treatments. What a great idea for those of us who don't want to break the bank buying up fancy products! I think I might go buy some small mason jars for the scrub...it just seems like a good idea with Mother's Day coming up!

Anyhow, I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! Austin, here I come!

No comments: