Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend Recap

It's been a busy end of last week/weekend! Thursday I spent time volunteering with Homeless Connect, and that was a really amazing experience. I came away knowing that I am blessed, and I need to make sure that I don't forget that. Friday I attended Joseph's mother's funeral. I love Joseph dearly, and that was tough. He's dealing with a lot of family drama, and some of it manifested itself at the funeral. I was glad I was there to stand by him. He's a wonderful person and I wish things were different for him. But he's dealing with the hand he was dealt, and doing it very graciously. I have such respect for him.

After that, I headed out to Lake Eufuala in Oklahoma to spend the weekend with Chris and her hubby and twin daughters. We had a blast! We just relaxed and played games and laughed ourselves silly! It was wonderful! I hated to leave on Sunday, but we'll see each other next month at some point I'm sure. We're good about planning to get together monthly. :)

So now it's Monday, and I wish I had a little more time at home. The semester is winding down, and there is much to be done with school. Tonight I don't have to go to class, but I still have homework to email the professor. Ugh!

So I hope everyone is having a good Monday! The weather sure is nice right now, and I am going to work out after work. A walk outside sounds so good!!

No comments: