Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Putting It Into The Universe

So I have a unique (possible) opportunity ahead of me. Last week I got an email from one of the people that works with Joy Bauer Nutrition. (Remember my Today Show experience?) Evidently, Joy writes a monthly column for a national women's magazine, and they are putting together a group of 10-20 women to follow from September through New Years Day through their weight loss journey. Joy's assistant emailed me and said I was the first person they thought of and wanted to know if I would be interested in submitting for that! Now, I have a lot of weight to lose, so I don't know that I would be someone they want to follow. I am betting they want people who could be at their goal weight by then and honestly, I don't think that's possible for me. But I have submitted all my info and should know something by the end of May. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it's fun to think that they would even want to consider me! I had to submit a couple of pictures and a bio, as well as my numbers. Yup. My starting weight and my current weight. Not too proud of either, quite frankly. My biggest anxiety about all of this is seeing my weight in print for everyone to see. Those numbers, both then and now, aren't very pretty and are really embarrassing. But I think it will be okay if they select me. My friend Bryan reminded me that we never see articles like this in magazines (Allure has done this many times) and have been disgusted and horrified by the women profiled. We are always encouraged and supportive. All of this is true, but I've never even told my husband my weight. We both know I'm not 130, so it's not like it will be a shock for him to find out I'm overweight, but that is such a personal thing for me, and it will be the hardest part. But if this works out, I know it's for a reason.

My trainer and I will bump up to an hour twice a week and my own workouts will increase as well. I have a plan in case they pick me, but I have been thinking that maybe if they don't I should be brave and start my own "article" here. I could be brave and put it all out there and really make this blog more about that journey. Not sure about that yet...we'll see what happens next month. But it's scary to think about all that. I think I would do well...I'd have to follow Joy Bauer's diet program and blog on the magazine's website. I can do those things. Heck, I blog here all the time...that's easy enough. But I keep going back to my weight numbers...I know of one very brave blogger who does that, and I know I have never felt anything but admiration and encouragement! (Yes, Kim Who Chases Rabbits, I mean you!) So maybe it will be okay. I might not even have to worry about it at all, but who knows. I'm not going to be sad if it doesn't work out. Somehow, God really does open a window when he closes a door. It all happens for a reason!

Have a wonderful Tuesday, friends!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow! What an amazing opportunity. You would inspire so many people. And just remember... you are not defined by a number. You are SO MUCH MORE than a number.

Hope your week is going well!