Thursday, April 22, 2010

S.H.I.T.*

(*Sure Happy It's Thursday! What did you think that meant?)

It's been a good week. It started out with me a funk, but it's looking up! :) I've had a lot going on with school, but the semester is only 3 weeks long now, so I can make it! Then I get a couple of weeks off and it's right back to it. But hey, each semester is only 5 weeks long, and with only one class each time I can focus on just the subject at hand. That's a nice thought!

I've had a unique opportunity come my way this week. Nothing is a sure deal yet, but I am keeping it close to the vest until I know something. Until then, I would ask for you to pray for courage for me. It's a cool deal, but I'm going to have to be a little brave and a lot focused for this to happen. Don't worry...I'll be sharing more in the future. :)

Today is going to be very awesome. I am going to be doing volunteer work with the Homeless Connect project. Mom and I are both doing this, and I don't know what all we'll be doing today, but I'm excited to be doing something for others.

Tomorrow is a mix of sad and happy. Joseph's mother passed away earlier this week and I will be going to the funeral tomorrow morning. He is such a dear friend and he was there for me when my Gran passed away five years ago. I wouldn't miss the opportunity to support him in his difficult time...he has always been there when I needed him.

After the funeral I am heading up to OK to spend the weekend with Chris and her family. I can't wait!! Her twin girls are WAY too cute and her hubby is such a nice guy! We're all going to their lake house for the weekend...ahhh! Peace! David has to fly to Portland this morning and won't be back until Sunday, so he'll be missing everything this weekend, which he is really hating right now. But it can't be helped...it's the nature of the shoe biz!

So that's it in a nutshell. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh, I'm excited to hear your news! I'm glad you get to get away this weekend. I hope it's fun and relaxing!