Friday, December 09, 2005

Damn!

Okay, so hooray for icy days that keep us home from work, but boo for people who don't take precautions against frozen pipes. My neighbors upstairs let this happen, and their pipes burst. What does this mean for me? Water coming in through every crevice, light fixture, vent, etc, in my ceiling. Oh yeah, and water all over my carpet and chaos everywhere. So I am currently unable to live in my apartment and am being moved to another apartment in a couple of days. I am going to spend my day packing up my old place, which is hard for me. My memories of my Gran being there will make it hard to leave, but I have to do it. And big bummer about having to take down all the holiday decor, too. I'll fill in the whole story in the next post, but there's nothing like running outside and seeing water flowing like a waterfall off the second story balcony above you!! Seriously, it sucks!

Cleo and I are fine. Just a little out of sorts at the moment. I'll blog again soon!

And big thank you to Mom, Dad, and David for all the help yesterday! It was a big mess!

2 comments:

Joseph said...

Oh my god! Why didn't you call? Dima and I could have come over and helped at any time. Also I have a guest room should you need it. You are more than welcome to stay with us. I would push for a place with a fireplace since they will be moving you. Try to get something out of this. hehehe

Blonde said...

Sorry about your water nightmare. My house flooded 2 years ago and had to be completely gutted. I lost so much. It was hell. I feel your pain.

Take care!