Thursday, June 15, 2006

Could It Be? Am I a SPORTS FAN??

I think I am! I watched the end of the Edmonton-Carolina game last night...good stuff! That was an exciting OT goal for Edmonton! (I'd like to see them win the cup!) And tonight? Oh yeah, baby...my Mavs are gonna take on the Heat! I'm going to David's to watch the Mavs do their thing tonight. There will be grilling of dinner and major cheering on of my Mavs! :)

Had dinner with Grampa last night...he is as wonderful as always! We had a good time and we're all having dinner on Sunday to celebrate the June birthdays in the family. (Mom's birthday is tomorrow, mine is the 22nd, and Grampa's is the 23rd) Grampa has a friend that he has been enjoying doing things with. Her name is Ann, and she is in his seniors exercise class. I haven't met her yet, but she will be joining us for dinner on Sunday. I know Grampa misses my Gran, but I am so glad that he has a friend to have dinner with and to talk to. As much as we all love him, no one can survive on family alone, right? Ann is 83 and is very active with volunteer work. She and her late husband used to travel, and that's something she and Grampa have in common. Grampa has been quick to say he's not looking to get married or anything, and that's fine. I'm just glad he's 87 and has a social life!! :) I know he still misses Gran, and I think that's why I feel okay about all this: I know he's not just moving on without another thought at all. He has pictures of my Gran all over the house, and he loves to tell stories of when they traveled the world together. He still loves her very much.

So that's all I have today. It's going to be a busy weekend with getting some more of David's stuff moved and getting my stuff cleaned out/moved around. Talk about getting my exercise in!

Have a great Thursday, and GO MAVS!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I think that is awesome the your Grandpa is interested in having a female friend! Heaven knows that we all need some companionship...I think that is what your Grams would want for him. ; )