Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What Happens When You Are Sleep-Deprived

So the night before last I didn't sleep much due to my very noisy cat. She felt the need to sit on the floor by my bed and chat. I love her so much, but that wasn't good. Especially at 4am and various other random times throughout the night. So I was a waste of flesh yesterday. So what did I do when I got home? I took a nap. Sounds good, right? Nope. I was up late because I was rested and couldn't sleep. Ugh! I took some stuff over to my parents' house and visited with them for a bit. I got home around 11 and wandered around the apartment. I have the kitchen pretty well cleared of unnecessary junk, so I think I am pretty much done there. I need to organize the pantry, though. I put away some of the new kitchen stuff David brought over, so that's done. As I put his/our blender in the cabinet, I took a step back and thought about how this is the first time in my life I have integrated stuff with anyone. It made me happy. :) We're looking forward to what our future holds, and I say "we" because we talk about it all the time and David says he is excited about our future, too, so I am not just being all girly and putting words in his mouth. Although I acted like a silly girl last week but he is good and knows how to handle me, which makes me all the more certain that he is the one. However, I have no doubts. ;)

Tonight David and my parents are coming over for spaghetti and the Mavs game. I am looking forward to it...the Mavs are on a roll! I hope they keep it up. I wanted them to win in 5 so that they could win the championship here at home, but I read today that a game 5 would be in Miami. Can this be right? If so, let's just do it in 4 and be done with it. I can't believe how much of a basketball fan I've become. Dave and I are talking about becoming season ticketholders at some point in the future. (Clearly not right now...we're saving for other things...like feeding lots of people dinner, drinks, and cake at some random special event in 2007. Hmm...)

I got my speeding ticket taken care of yesterday. I am going to take defensive driving to dismiss the ticket. I haven't had a damn ticket in 13 years! Until now, I guess. Now it's been 17 days. :(

So that's it for today. I will go home tonight and do as Mark Cuban says..."Get Rowdy, Proud, and LOUD!!"

GO MAVS!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

What!! An event in 2007!!! Wonder, wonder what that could be :-). And GO MAVS!!!!

Jessica said...

Jenn, you can't be so encrypted! ; )