Thursday, September 20, 2007

Nine Days???

Yup. Nine days. It feels like everything is almost a dream...am I really getting married? Wow. I really am! (Do not mistake this for cold feet! Just adjusting to the fact that I will be a married woman very soon!) I have had a very good single life, so in a way it's hard to think I won't just be "Jennifer S." anymore. My thirties have been good to me and I have had many good (and tough) times. But through all my experiences I have learned who I am, and who my true friends are. I have learned that I am a strong woman who powers through tough times. I learned to love myself, which taught me to allow others to love me, too. I've learned I can do things when I really work at it. And most of all, I have really learned to respect myself. And when I quit asking God to send me a man and to teach me to love myself for who I am, along came David. So my life is good, and not just because I am getting married. It's good because my life is full of people and memories that I treasure. And this is only the beginning!! I'm on the cusp of the next phase of my life, and I wonder what it will bring. I always ask myself whenever I move to a new apartment, "what will happen to me in my life while I live here?" It's fun to find out!

My bridesmaid brunch is this weekend and I am glad to have the chance to dine with the girls and show them some love. They have treated me like a queen and been so good to me...it's such a small token of thanks, but I hope they enjoy their goodies and fill their bellies with tasty food. And mostly, I hope they walk away knowing how much I love them. They are part of a core group of people who rock my world and help keep me sane.

And to Joseph, who is far too manly to be a bridesmaid...I am grateful to you for all the times you, too, have had to help me figure out my life. I am one lucky girl!

So as I prepare for the biggest event of my life so far, it's good to reflect on all those who I treasure. And my Gran...I will miss your physical presence, but I do hope that somehow you're with me that day!

:)

No comments: