Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Wedding In Review

We did it! We are married and I am a very happy newlywed. :) Here's a recap of the big event:

First of all, let me just say that if we had a million dollars, I wouldn't have changed a thing or done anything differently. It was the dream wedding and everything was perfect! No glitches, no hiccups, just a beautiful day. My flowers were unreal...absolutely beautiful. The roses in my bouquet matched my dress exactly, and everything was beyond my expectations. When it was time for us to line up to process in, every one of my bridesmaids was so beautiful. The men were so handsome in their tuxes! And when it was time and they opened the doors, my father walked me down the aisle and it was perfect. The ceremony was so special, and we both did a good job of holding it together through the ceremony. :) (I didn't know if we would!) After lots of pictures, we headed over to the City Club in Ft Worth for the party of a lifetime! The room was gorgeous, the food was incredible, and the DJ was incredible! (Big shout out to Melodies and Memories!!) We seriously got our groove on, and my legs are so sore today from all the dancing! We had a blast! Our cakes were delicious, our guests were wonderful, and even my grandfather had prepared a toast! When it was time for us to leave, we made our escape in a horse-drawn carriage that took us around Ft. Worth and dropped us off at the Worthington Hotel. We changed clothes and met a handful of friends down at the patio at 8.0's and hung out for a short time. Then we had to call it a night because we were exhausted. But it was the best night of my life, and I wouldn't change a thing at all. As soon as we have pictures I will post a few, but we never remembered our digital camera was with us, so we didn't take any photos of our own! (Silly us!)

What a great night! Thank you to everyone who participated, was a guest, or simply wished us well...it means so much to David and I!! Now we are off to Jamaica tomorrow for a week of bliss!! I'll blog when I return, so everyone be well and know we love you!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Well, Mrs. Willis -- The night went by so fast! But it was wonderful. I have already said all my sappy things though. :) So, have fun in Jamaica!!!

Anonymous said...

WOMAN! I cannot BELIEVE you're blogging the day after your wedding!

Get thee off to your honeymoon! I don't want to see a post from you until you're back home again!!!

Enjoy yourself, newlywed!!!

Kim said...

Okay, I am starting to miss you. You can come home now........ (Plus, I have news :)).