Monday, September 17, 2007

The Big Night Out

I am totally spent. It was a really great weekend, but I guess I am no longer built for dancing until 3am anymore! We started out by checking in to the Melrose Hotel and cracking open a bottle of wine. Mia provided arm/shoulder massages, and we got dressed and ready to go out, but not before was presented with the required bachelorette veil, complete with light up, blinking penises. We headed over to Frida’s restaurant where the food is absolutely fantastic! After an incredibly tasty dinner, we walked over to the Condoms to Go store, where the group bought me a very sparkly tiara that says “Bachelorette”, a candy necklace with penis-shaped candies on it, and a large plastic drinking vessel, also shaped like the aforementioned male anatomy. Oh, and did I mention it was Pride weekend on Oak Lawn? I was the belle of the ball down there!



Joseph, me, and Christy

We got to S4 early, so we sat out on the patio and had drinks. We wandered up to the Rose Room for the 11pm drag show, which was a riot! After that we went downstairs and danced our tails off and had a great time! We wandered to Café Brazil about 2:30am and had a bite to eat and then headed back to the hotel to call it a night.

A HUGE thank you to Christy, Mia, Kim, Joseph, Dima, and Jonquil for making it a great night! (And Jonquil, I followed your advice and made it home with both shoes and both earrings!)


Me and Christy

Joseph, Mia, Dima, Kim, and Christy



Mia and Christy

Kim, Mia, and Christy

Joseph and Dima

What a great farewell to my single-hood! Thanks to everyone! :)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Awesome pictures!!! That was such a great night. Love you!!!