Thursday, June 16, 2005

Getting back into the routine

Back to work today. I have to confess that I would like to have been anywhere but here today. I just wasn't ready to come back. But it's good to see everyone. I like my co-workers very much, just not ready to be back.

To catch everyone up on my week, I hung out on Monday, saw my Gran on Tuesday and then went to see the Palace and Mosque exhibit at the Kimbell Art Museum. Got a call on Tuesday night that my Gran wasn't responding so they took her to the hospital. Mom and I drove up there and stayed with my Granpa until about 1am, and then I went back up on Wednesday morning. She is doing much better but it seems she may have some kind of kidney infection. No word on how she is today, but no news is usually good news. So now it's Thursday and thank goodness the weekend is just about here. I am dragging Christy to a party at my apartment complex tomorrow night. She told me today that Rich's travel agent friend may be able to swing a very good travel deal for the Vegas wedding and I am very excited about that! I'm really looking forward to the wedding. Christy seems so happy and I think the two of them will have a wonderful life together. :)

So that's been my week so far. I forgot to mention that the day I left for Paris I went to Weight Watchers and had lost another 2 pounds for a total of 56! (My suitcase weighed 53 at the airport-I've lost more than my suitcase weighed!) I weigh in again on Sunday and will post the news. I am trying to have 60 off by my birthday (the 22nd!) so we'll see how it goes!

I've had a few people ask about the plan for celebrating my birthday, and I just don't know yet. As it gets closer I just don't know what I want to do. Man, I'm not ready to have another birthday! I've had 32 already....do I have to have a 33rd?

Speaking of birthdays...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

tom said...

I hope your Gran is OK.

You were at the Kimball? Right around the corner from me. I still Like the kimball better than the modern. Check our Pop's Safari bar the next time you go to the Kimball.

Any pictures of your cute toes and the french sights?