Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Hey, that wasn't so bad!

Good morning, friends! I am alive and well after my first session with my trainer! I really like her and think she's really going to motivate and encourage me. We worked my upper body last night, and although I am a little sore this morning, I'm not near what I thought I would be! However, when we work my legs on Friday, I am betting it will be a different story! But as for today, I am a little tired and sore, but feeling quite proud of myself. Oh, Mom and I took my monthly photo to compare my progress, and it's pretty amazing! I'll have that posted by the weekend. It's a bit humbling to post that, but after losing about 60 pounds, the pride in what I've done far outweighs the trepidation of posting a picture like that.

I'm going to go see Gran tonight and I am looking forward to it. When I saw her on Sunday she was able to scoot herself around and sit on the edge of the bed by herself, and that's HUGE! She's really making progress! Tonight we are going to get her in her wheelchair and she's going to show me around the facility. I think this week they are going to work with her using a walker, and the sooner she does all this, the sooner she can go home. I have to confess that I wasn't sure that was going to happen for a while, but I really believe she has renewed courage and strength and this woman IS going to go home!

Going to walk tonight with Mom when I get home and I am looking forward to that, too. It's been a good week so far, and I am looking forward to a nice long weekend!

Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

tom said...

Congrats on the trainer. I read about the skinny pants...what is next? Thought about some skinny capris with new mid-heel thong? Neimans is having a sale.