Friday, February 03, 2006

The End of a Long Week

I am so glad it's Friday! (I know everyone else is, too!) It's been a long week, and I feel like I haven't spent any time at home. So tonight, I am going to have a quiet evening all to myself. I am going to make myself some dinner, and then clean my apartment. Not having been home much this week, I have laundry stacked up, glasses in the sink, and Cleo needs her litter box cleaned! So that's what I am doing tonight, and it's exactly what I want to be doing! (Wow...I must be getting old!)

Last night I worked with my 11 year old cousin, Ashley. She is singing in a talent show tomorrow and although she sounds good, she needs a little coaching with looking at her audience and having some stage presence. I don't know that I was much help, because it doesn't seem to come as naturally to her as it does for me. But I have also spent many years with voice teachers and doing many performances, so being a performer is just part of my nature. Hopefully she will feel a little more relaxed. She is singing Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway", and she sounds just fine! She just needs to look at her audience and quit picking at her clothes, fingers, etc. She should do fine!

David is working all weekend, and I am missing him terribly. I have decided it's worse to not be able to see him when I know he's in town. He gave a presentation yesterday and it went really well, and I am so proud of him! He is in a couple of big meetings today and it is also the women's line runway show today, so he will have a busy day. Then more corporate dinners tonight, meetings tomorrow and another dinner tomorrow night. I don't know if I will see him Sunday or not. So I am planning to watch the game without him, but I hope that he'll be able to come watch it with me! He has corporate people in town until Tuesday, so I don't have a lot of hope really. I know it's part of his job, but this is really tough. Has anyone out there ever dated someone who traveled often for work? How did you deal with it? I could use some advice. I think what I am going to do is to pour myself into my workouts, get geared up for school, and find some things that I want to do for myself. I want to take my intro class for makeup design/application, so that is going to be on my agenda for this year. Anyone who knows me knows my love for MAC and my ultimate dream of being a professional makeup artist. I think it's time to set that into motion. There is a school in Dallas that I can take a few 3-day courses and get the techniques down. This is exactly what I want to be doing in my spare time, so I'm going to fit it in. (Don't worry, Mom...I'm still going to get my degree!)

So enough rambling. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

And GO SEAHAWKS!! (Sorry, Blonde! I do have some Seattle loyalty after living there for a while!) :)

1 comment:

Blonde said...

I travel alot for my job. I miss my boyfriends alot when I am gone, but it is a test of the relationship.

I always tell my guy to go out with his friends, do things he enjoys, catch up on his household stuff, etc. The worst thing he could do is complain that I am gone, make me feel bad/guilty with sad and pouty vmails, emails, texts and conversations. It is not like I am away for fun, it is work and I can't control that.

You should take that cosmetic class and do things you enjoy. Hell, just hang in alone and don't shave your legs for a few days since you don't have to. Enjoy the down time.

I know it is hard when you care about someone and miss them, but make the best of it and most importantly don't make him feel bad for being away!!! Worse thing you could do.