Tuesday, February 21, 2006

First Day of School!

Today is it! The first day of the big investment in my future! I'm really excited about getting back into school. I'm ready to have my degree done and out of the way. It will take me a couple of years, but I think it's well worth it. I got everything ready, read my assignments and am geared up for classes. It's nice to do it online! I can attend an institution of higher learning in my jammies!! (Love it!)

Last night was relaxing. I didn't do too much. Came home, had dinner, went to Mom and Dad's for a bit, came home and had an orange slushie that I made, and went to bed. (And of course I talked to David a few times in there, too!) This dreary weather makes me want to just stay in bed! It was tough getting up this morning.

Tonight I am doing school between 5-6pm, then I am grabbing dinner with Christy. (We're going to...you guessed it: Souper Salad!) It will be nice to get caught up!

I spent a little time last night making mental preparations to throw myself back into Weight Watchers. I haven't done well at all lately, and it's really bothering me. So I am (again!) recommiting myself to healthier eating and more exercise. Since I have been sick it's been tough to exercise but that will all change this week! I am getting it all back in gear and being serious about it. With all my fun travel coming up this year, I want to feel good and look better, and the only way to do that is to get serious again. When I'm in it, I do so very well and the weight comes off pretty quickly. So here I am, getting ready to do it again. So if you feel like leaving a supportive comment here, I can sure use it! I promise to get better about posting how I'm doing, too. I really need to do this, and now is the best time to start. I packed a good lunch today, and had toast and a banana for breakfast, so I am starting the day just right!

One more thing...anyone else concerned about the Bush administration giving the OK to the United Arab Emerates-owned company taking control of 6 US ports? Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem like the best decision. Thoughts anyone?

1 comment:

Blonde said...

Glad to see that you are focused on school. Best wishes!

The WW thing will come back to you soon enough. When you are sick, it throws a wrench in every aspect of your life. Once you are feeling 100% then you will be remotivated.

Glad to see all is well here!