Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Downhill Side of the Week

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday! It feels like it's been a very long week. David has been working so I haven't seen him and I am missing him!

I had dinner with Grampa last night and had a great time. We went to Mimi's Cafe and enjoyed a glass of wine with dinner. He told me some of his old travel stories, and I just never get tired of hearing them. He's done and seen so many things!

David told me yesterday that twice a year he has to go on a "blitz" for Born. This means that he has to hit the road for a couple of weeks at a time for a while and hit Dillard's stores in other regions. Am I excited about that? Not really. It's been hard to not see him for four days! But I know it won't always be this way. And he's found a way to work his schedule so that rather than be gone for seven weeks as we initially thought, he will travel for three, be home for two and then travel for three again. One perk is that on one of his trips he will be going to Las Vegas, so we're planning for me to meet him in Vegas and spend a long weekend with him there. He's going to have to work for a little of the time I'm there, but it's Vegas and this girl can totally entertain herself!! (Hey Blonde...when are you going to LV??) So that will help some. I'm just going to miss him when he's not here.

My cousin, Ashley, is singing in a talent show on Saturday, so she is coming over tonight for me to help her. She's really nervous and doesn't have much in the stage presence department, so that's where I am going to try and help. She's 11 years old and never done this before, so I can sure understand. The first time I ever sang in public I was 12 and scared to death, so I know how she feels. Hopefully I can help a little!

That's about it for today. I am working out tonight after work and then heading over to Mom and Dad's to work with Ashley. I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: