Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Pirates and a Little Bit of Sadness (Not really Related To Each Other)

Happy Talk Like A Pirate Day to ye!

Nothing terrible new today. My car is good, Beth's new baby is good (don't know the name yet), and all is well at home. We had dinner with Mom, Dad, and Grampa last night, and we had a lot of fun. I'm going to see Grampa tomorrow night for dinner, too, so he's going to get his fill of me this week. I am planning to see him for a bit on Saturday, as Saturday marks the one year passing of my Gran. I've been having a really tough time with that right these days, and it's made me very emotional. I miss her so much and I wish I could tell her all about my wedding but I can't and it's hard. She would be worrying about how much money we were spending and she would be so proud of Craig and Jennifer on their new house. She loved us all so much, and as much as I miss her, I wouldn't bring her back to the condition she was in. She didn't like being in a care facility, and she hated not being able to get up and walk. She was a woman of grace and dignity, and I want very much to be like her. She will always be so very special to me. I can't help but think about how I always wanted a picture of me and Mom and Gran on my wedding day. I will miss her so much that day.

So anyhow, I am a little bit melancholy this week because of time of year it is. Her birthday would have been this coming Friday, too.

I think that's all for today. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Joseph said...

With every breeze that crosses your body, you know that she is with you and can see how happy you are. She is with you and will see your big day. I know that she is very proud of you and will always love you.

Chin up, wedding to plan and no time to be sad.