Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Very Relaxing Weekend!

We are home from our weekend at the lake, and we had a wonderful time! It started out questionable, as we had only been there 10 minutes when David tossed some trash in a can outside only to discover there was a skunk in there! Naturally the skunk freaked out and began to spray, but the spray itself managed to stay confined to the can. The smell did not. Have you ever smelled skunk spray like that? It's a horrifying smell that doesn't go away very quickly, for sure! It stunk up the cabin for a few hours, but it went away and all was well. We had lots of fun out on the boat just cruising around the lake and getting some sun. Too much sun, for some of us. (Which pretty much just means me. I got a stupid sunburn with VERY clear sunglass marks. Yes, I have a real case of raccoon eyes!) Saturday night David announced to his friends (because these are not people he sees often) that we're getting married and everyone was so sweet! We had so much fun staying up late and feeding deer - right out of our hands! We fed them corn, bread and even marshmellows and they loved it! (especially the marshmellows!) As soon as we download the pics I will post them...they're fun! We didn't take many but we did get a few shots of me feeding the deer.

So now I am getting ready to get my sunburned self to bed. It's been a really fun weekend and I can't wait until next year! (This is an annual event with this group!)

And as a very important note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANGELA!!!

And tomorrow Craig and Jennifer close on their house. I am so proud of them! Jen, your mom is very proud of you too. I just know it! :)

No comments: