Thursday, September 21, 2006

Surrounding Yourself With Love

You know, I am a very lucky girl. I am surrounded with people who truly give a damn about me and not everyone has that. So I am very fortunate, and I do realize this. I am surrounded with lots of love.

I am trying to get a girl's night together soon so I can spend time with the girlfriends. It's been a while and I have been wrapped up in all the stuff going on with me, and now it's time to unwind with the ladies!

I don't really have any news. I am going to Grampa's on Saturday morning with Mom. We're going to brunch and then we're going to visit Gran's grave and do some lawn care there...pulling any weeds, making sure her headstone is clean, bringing fresh flowers for her vase. I know she isn't there, but somehow it's comforting to have a place to go to remember her, although I remember her everywhere I go. Joseph has been a real comfort from the time she passed and even now. So thank you, Joseph, for being such a good friend and knowing just what to say to remind me that Gran is always with me.

In lighter news, the kitties are still doing well. I think Zak and Cleo are developing little kitty-crushes on each other. They follow each other around and are now more interested in looking at each other than hissing and chasing each other. Poor Kaylee! She used to be the apple of Zak's eye, although they still lay on the bed together. Zak is really quite the ladies man!

Tonight Christy and I are going to a small bridal show in Ft. Worth. It's being catered by City Club, so I am happy to get to sample the tasty treats. We'll also enjoy champagne and get to look at all kinds of wedding goodies. Christy has to start planning her wedding now, so this should be good for her to attend, too. :)

That's it for today. I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: