Monday, September 25, 2006

A Truly Beautiful Weekend

The rain was a welcomed sight on Saturday morning! We sure needed it, although it was hard to see while driving to my Grampa's. I picked up Dad and we went to meet Mom at Grampas house. We visited for a while and then decided to head to the cemetary. I had picked up a dozen roses for the vase on the headstone. They were a pretty orangey-yellow with red around the edge of the petals. She would have loved them so much. (She would have also told me not to buy her roses, but I didn't listen to her about things like that!) We weeded and sprinkled grass seeds. It's peaceful out there where she is, although I know technically she's not there. Somehow it's comforting to have a place to go and talk to her. When we finished gardening, We all stood there quietly, and I silently talked to her and told her how much I miss her. I think of her so much and I can't believe she's been gone a year now. I wish she could be at my wedding, but I know deep down she will be. She'll just be a little harder to photograph! ;)

We had a date Saturday night! We hadn't gone out in a while, so we went to our favorite little neighborhood teriyaki/sushi place and had a yummy dinner, and then went to Fox and Hound to throw darts. I ran into a girl who used for work for a company that my office works closely with, so it was fun to catch up and hear how she's doing. We got home before midnight and agreed we need to set aside time to do that again. It's fun to do things with our friends but it's important to make sure we have time for ourselves. Especially over the next few weeks! David leaves for south Texas today and he won't be home until Saturday evening. At least I get to take him to the airport and see him off!

So that's it for today. I am looking forward to a girl's night Friday. Several ladies can only make dinner, and that's ok! It's going to be fun to get together. :)

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

No comments: