Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Cake and Blending Families

Ah, cake! The cake tasting last Friday was heavenly! We loved it so much we've signed the contract and reserved our baker! (Creme de la Creme in Ft Worth-AMAZING!) However, we are seriously caked-out for a while! We took the samples she sent home to my mom to enjoy with Dad. But it's good stuff!

Christy cut my hair Friday-Yay! She and I had a good time talking weddings (both mine and hers!) and just having fun. Saturday Daivd and I did some things around the apartment and then I went to my friend Leah's for a jewelry party. Saturday night we went over to Craig and Jen's for dinner and an evening of relaxing. They are coming to the lake with us in September for David's family get together. Friends of the family come, so I am glad Craig and Jen will be there since I won't really know anyone outside of David's immediate family.

Sunday was a very lazy day. Seriously we did just about nothing but watch movies and nap. It was great! Not productive, but great!

But now for my very very exciting news! David and I are going to try blending our fur-baby families. Cleo (the best cat ever!) has been with my parents since David moved here because he's got two cats. Since we don't have a lot of space, we decided it might be best to take Cleo to mom and dad's until we have more space, but I miss her so much it hurts. I haven't ever been away from her this long, and David told me that he agrees we should give it a couple of weeks and see how the fur-babies get along. He's going to be home most of the day during that time so he'll be here to keep an eye on things. I am excited about having her home with me! She was so sweet and cuddly at mom and dad's this evening, and I can't be without her any more. However, if the babies just can't tolerate one another after a couple of weeks, she's going to have to go back to mom and dad's until the lease is up in December. It will be hard, but at least we have a plan. Please keep your fingers crossed that the kitties will behave themselves!! I need my Cleo with me! And David is so sweet and understanding about how hard it is for me not being with her. I love him! :)

So that's my big news! Have a great evening everyone!

No comments: