Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tales from the Scale

So I got on the scale last night before going to bed, and I am down 3 pounds! The important thing to note is that I always weigh in the mornings, so I might have even lost a few ounces more! So it's good to feel like I am getting somewhere! :) My healthy eating and few trips to the gym are getting me somewhere! Needless to say I will be continuing on with the healthy eating and trying to increase the exercise. I hadn't been on the scale in a while, so this was good news for me!

Mom, Dad, and Ashley came over for dinner and swimming last night. We had a good time, and Ashley was much better behaved this year. She's had a tough time growing up and she's really a good kid...just sometimes a little hard to handle, but she is MUCH better this year, and we had a lot of fun swimming and playing water volleyball. (Which is hard to do without a handfull of people!)

There's not a lot of news today. Oh, except that some folks are trying to blow up Americans again. This time they were planning to leave out of Heathrow in London. I say BIG thank you to our British friends who have been working to thwart the attacks. Thanks for keeping us safe! I know that Americans aren't the most popular folks on the planet, so any time the global community does something to help keep us safe, I feel very grateful. So bravo to everyone who had a hand in nabbing these guys! Thanks for continuing to keep us safe!

One more important thing to note - my cousin Craig and his super-awesome wife, Jennifer, put a bid in on a house they liked and got it!! YAY! I am so excited for them! It's been a rough few weeks for them (Jen lost her precious mother at the end of July after a hard fought battle with cancer), so this is wonderful news that will hopefully bring some much needed joy and excitement into their lives. I can't wait to see the house, and I plan to do a little something special for a housewarming gift, although I am not sure what just yet. But it will be good!!

Everyone be sure to hug someone you love today!

No comments: