Friday, August 18, 2006

Mmm...Cake!

Yay! Today is the day that David and I go sample cakes at the bakery that I am most eager to sample! I had a bite at a bridal show and fell in love with a one square inch piece of vanilla and frosting Heaven! Am I stoked about getting to eat a whole piece? You bet your socks! This cake was some good shizzle! Needless to say that after an hour of eating cake samples, David and I are going to the gym. I have a 45 minute date with a treadmill!

I am still so stunned that I am selecting my cake now, when I am not getting married until September of next year! However, if you want to book the good people for your wedding, you ahve to start now I have discovered. Seriously...my best advice to the newly engaged? Allow yourself plenty of time!! (And be a little flexible about your date!)

David and went to the gym last night. I met a 74 year old woman who runs marathons. She was so great, and she was so encouraging. I hope I see her again. I have been so careful about what I eat and I have been exercising regularly and I think I am seeing a change in my face (getting just a little bit slimmer!!). So it's paying off and I am feeling good! :) And if a 74 year old woman can run marthons, so can I! Besides, when I lose 25 pounds I am treating myself to a new pair of boots for the fall! :)

That's about it for now. Everyone have a great Friday!!! I'll report on cake tasting tomorrow!

No comments: