Monday, August 14, 2006

The New Me

I have a lot to share from the weekend! It started Friday night, although there isn't big news from Friday. David and had a great evening grilling steaks by the pool, swimming, and having fun. When we went in, we worked on our wedding guest list, which is now up to 165-170 people. (Holy cow!) On Saturday morning, my mom and cousin Ashley picked me up and we went to Alfred Angelo's to look at wedding dresses. The big news? I found my dress!! The search is done! The even better news is that I don't have to order it until February, so I have a good amount of time to work out and drop a couple of sizes! (We'll talk about my new motivation momentarily.) From there, I went home and David and I went to lunch and then to our first cake tasting at Delicious Cakes in Dallas. Good cake, but I am very eager to taste this Friday-it's the place that gave samples when we went to the bridal show, and it may have been the best cake I have ever had. If David and I love it that much, the cake tasting will be done and we will go with them. :)

After that, we went home to relax for a while. Then we changed into something a little nicer than shorts and headed to our 6pm appointment at the City Club to view the reception site. It was all set up for a reception later that evening, and it was just beautiful. For the first time I could imagine how I will look and what it would be like to step in there on our special night. It was amazing! So we signed the contract and wrote the check and now we have our venues in place and set in stone! So from there we went and changed into shorts and walked around downtown. We had appetizers at Cabo Grande, drinks at Durty Murphy's, and then dinner at PF Chang's. We had a great evening!

On Sunday, we cleaned house. Now that I have found my dress, I am ready to get my workout groove on, so we went to the gym and I worked myself out pretty good. (Sore arms and legs today!) This, my friends, is representative of the new me. I am excited abotu working out again...I feel like I used to feel when I was working out regularly last year. Now as I get on the treadmill or do my leg presses I can envision the dress and how I want to look. I think I can drop two or three dress sizes between now and February when I order the dress, but it will take much dedication and focus. I think I have my focus back! Still not quite ready to hit the WW meetings yet, but I am eating healthy on my own right now. The time will come when I will be ready for my meetings again, but I am in constant contact with my friends there, and they are very supportive. So for now, I am eating healthy and working out. Tonight I am working out int he gym after work, and when I get home I will head to 24 Hour Fitness (known as "24HF" from now on) for the water aerobics class. Folks, I am going to do this. I feel that motivation that I have been searching myself for. It's back! It's the new me, but really it's the old me that I found again! And that's a good thing! The one downer is that the trainer I was going to start with has to go on indefinate family leave so we won't be working together. They are bringing someone else in, so I am going to see what I think. For right now, though, I am my own drill sargent and I know what to do since I spent a big chunk of time with a trainer last year. (I sure loved her! She just got expensive!) So I am in control and really on track!

So anyhow...then we went to the store, and when we got home, I fell asleep on the couch and David made dinner. (I love him!) After that we cleaned the kitchen together and relaxed the rest of the evening.

It was a really productive weekend for me, and I am so wishing I was at home in bed right now!! I hope everyone has a good Monday!

No comments: