Thursday, August 17, 2006

It's Time. (Again)

Yes, I have decided that it might just be time to go back to my WW meetings. I seem to decide this all the time. But lately I have been very serious about making good eating choices and exercising. (Trying on that wedding dress flipped on a switch in my brain!) WW works for me as long as I am focused and ready to put forth the effort, so I think I might just be ready to do that. One more sign...I got a coupon in the mail to go back to WW with no start-up fees. I think the universe is telling me something! Also, three of my girlfriends here at work (I love you Yvonne, Shanna and Dee!) invited me to start Oprah's 12 week workout plan with them. We're going to have a "trouble jar" where we write down things that are giving us trouble on our path to being healthy, and once it's in the jar, it's gone! So couple all that with my WW efforts, and I think I have a recipe for success! I certainly have the support system to make it work. And if I work hard on this, I think I can drop two dress sizes before I order my wedding dress. Since it's spaghetti straps, I really need to push myself to work my arms, chest, and back. (All over, really, but those are the prime spots!) So I am going to try and get myself to WW on Sunday.

It's been a busy week. Work wears me out, and I have spent all week with sore arms and legs from really working out. It's a good feeling, though. I am making things happen! However, I haven't been sleeping as well as would like and I don't know why. Things are going well, so not sure what's preventing me from sleeping soundly. Probably all the excitement of wedding stuff. :) Speaking of which, we get to taste cakes at Creme de la Creme tomorrow, and I can't wait!! (After that I am going to the gym for sure!) And then tomorrow night Christy and I are having a little girl time and she is going to cut my hair, which really needs some cutting!! It will be nice to have a fresh haircut to really kick off my renewed weigh loss efforts.

So that's it for now. We are laying low this weekend. (That's what happens when you put a large deposit down for your wedding reception!)

Everyone have a good Thursday! Try and stay cool...it's hard when it's 106 degrees outside!

No comments: