Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Wedding Dresses

Why does the wedding dress industry feel the need to size wedding gowns small than the size you actually wear? When you go in to try on a dress, you should be able to say with confidence "I wear a size X" and know that it's actually going to be the size you try on. I tried on a few dresses last night...hey, at least they zipped! Those dresses are so hot, though. If you're coming to the wedding, bring a sweater...I'm going to have to have the air conditioning in the chapel cranked way down to keep me from sweating to death in whatever dress I am in.

Also, why in the name of Pete do they want you to order your dress so early? Those women really use some scare tactics to make you feel like you need to buy your dress right NOW! Which I might have been more inclined to believe if she hadn't told me I looked so beautiful in a dress that I was stuffed into like a sausage. Yeah, it wasn't pretty.

So now I am definitely feeling motivated to get weight off. I just have to do it my way and work hard to do what I can. For whatever reason, I am just not ready to go to a WW meeting, but I am ready to get myself to the gym with regularity and I will be working with my trainer soon. I've been doing well with what I am eating, so I am really trying to do well. Mom told me last night that she thought I looked like I was loing weight. I dont' feel like it yet, but I am certainly trying. I am going to the gym tonight as soon as I get home to get in a little time on the treadmill. Mom and Ashley are coming over and we're grilling hot dogs and then going swimming. (Ashley is my 11 year old cousin.)

So things are good. I'm ready to get weight off and get myself in better shape so that I can look decent in a dress. Words of encouragement are greatly appreciated. I think I need them!

Hope everyone has a good day. Keep cool!

No comments: