Thursday, August 03, 2006

Wedding Stuff...Is There Anything Else To Talk About?

I always tell David that I NEVER stop thinking about wedding stuff, no matter what! ;) Good grief, there is so much to do! It wouldn't be a big deal (seeing that it's not until fall of next year!) except every other bridezilla in the area is planning her fall wedding as well, so I have to get to it and get everything booked now. How crazy is that? We were going on Saturday to book the reception site, but we're going on the 12th instead. (They are still holding my date) Putting the rather hefty deposit down was going to put a real dent in the finances for the next two weeks, so we called and got a reprieve...whew! I have also scheduled three cake tastings, although I think I already found the baker I want to use. I do think it's a good idea to compare, though...and it's free cake! :) The next step is to nail down the florist and DJ, and then I won't have to do anything else until next year. I love it! I am going to be so prepared that I will actually get to enjoy my wedding day when it gets here! David says he wants me to be able to relax and be pampered that day. I think I agree! There will most likely be a massage on the schedule that morning. :)

I am doing really well on my eating this week...I had popcorn at the movies Monday night, but other than that, I have been so good! Grampa and I went to dinner last night and I ate very carefully and left half of everything on my plate...my tummy is starting to shrink! Yay! I am working out tonight, too. Knowing that I have eight months to lose what I can and then I have to maintain until the wedding (so that my dress will fit). So I am officially going full force with my healthy eating and exercise. Tired of hearing that? I'm tired of saying it and thinking that I mean it. However, the reality that I have only so much time to do what I can for my body is setting in. I have had a good week, and am feeling really ready. Kevin and his girlfriend, Samantha, are doing great following the WW plan, and it reminded me of all my success. It's a great program, and I can still enjoy eating out with friends. But you can bet on the big day, there will be total disregard for the calorie count for me! (Just for the reception...I'll be good the whole day beforehand!)

My Grampa is going to road trip to Colorado next week. He and his friend, Ann, are both still very safe drivers, so they're going to take a 2 week vacation. I love that he is still enjoying his life! So for the next two weeks I am without my Wednesday dinner date!

Nothing else really going on. Kim and her beau are still doing well. Every one is just happy right now. Who could ask for more?

Have a great Thursday everyone!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I am more than willing to help you and David with the cake tasting part..........

Jerilyn said...

I have the market cornered on bridezillas!!!

I am the MOH in a wedding this weekend in West Texas...and I swear I am going to force feed the bride a Xanax....

THREE more weddings on November 18th.....one in Dallas, one in Napa Valley and one in Nice, France... *groan*....not to mention another one in April 2007........

It's enough to make me elope...

...wait.

I'm not even engaged.