Thursday, August 31, 2006

I'm Being Punished

For those of you that remember my post last year, I wrote a sort of goodbye letter to the flower cookie with the yellow icing because I wasn't going to have it any more due to my good eating habits.

So today I walked down to Subway for lunch (next door to the cookie place) and got lunch, and then decided that since I was having a stressful day I would let myself have a cookie. So I get my cookie and start back to work, when I tripped and fell on the sidewalk. For anyone who witnessed this, it was surely a spectacular sight to see. I spilled my completely full Diet Coke on the ground and then proceed to fall in it, while dropping my sandwich and cookie and scraping the dickens out of my elbow and knee. It's one of those sidewalks with the pebbles mixed in the concrete, so it tore the hell out of my skin. Oh, and two old men just walked on by. Thanks, geezers. So I picked myself up and wanted to just cry out of sheer embarassment. I walked quickly back to the office (my sweater was wet with Diet Coke and there is now blood on my sleeve) and made a beeline for the ladies' room. I managed to pat myself dry, got some bandages and ointment from the first aid box and doctored myself up, but it's been over an hour and it STILL stings! I really just want to go home and have a pity party.

So what really happened here? I got punished for buying a damn cookie. So again, farewell flower cookie! I'm afraid if I get another one, I might get run over by a car.

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Honey, I am so very sorry to hear that you fell. I hope that you are ok. It seems like once every 6 months you do something to yourself. Finger in door, trip and fall, etc....

I love you, so take care to watch your step.

Cheers