Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Coming Back After a Long Weekend is Tough!

It's always nice to have time off, but it sure is hard to get back in the groove! It was a good weekend, but far too short to get everything done.

After getting off work at 11am Friday, I went home and did a few things around the apartment. Then I went off to meet Mia for lunch and we wandered the mall for a while. Then I met up with the family for dinner and then met Christy for a drink later on. It was so good to get caught up with her! We've both been so busy that we've not had time to get together. We called it an early night since we were both pretty tired! When I got home, I watched the news only to hear that there was a big need to get Pedialyte to the littlest hurricane evacuees, so first thing Saturday morning Mom and I get a bunch and took it to a relief center in Ft. Worth. They had lots of stuff, but are a little short on volunteers, so if you have the time, they need some helping hands!

Then we took my grandfather to breakfast, then on to see Gran. She's just still not doing so well. Her motivation has waned some, and she's very down. I don't blame her, but we don't know what to do to help her. It's a tough situation.

Saturday night, Joseph came over and we went out to Ft. Worth for the evening and had a blast!

Sunday morning included coffee at Starbucks, but apparently all the eye candy doesn't come out until later in the day. (Oh well!) Sunday was interesting. Kevin and I went to the roller derby. Yes, I now know where the local trash hangs out! It was really...interesting! But hey, now I can say I've been!

Monday was spent resting and I saw Angela and Kim Williams for a while. It's always nice to go to Angela's house. It's like a mini-vacation. :)

I didn't go to WW this weekend. I just needed a little break but I'm ok and on track, so please no lectures about don't give up. I'm not. I just needed a small break form the routine, but everything is fine. I am working out with Jacqueline tonight and it will be good to go work my legs tonight. I walked for an hour yesterday, so I haven't been slacking off.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

2 comments:

tom said...

Tell us about Saturday night.

Jennifer said...

Holly-Absolutely! She just loves you and I know I would love the chance to get to know your beautiful girls, too!