Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Not Much to Report

It's Tuesday and it's not an exciting day. It's been busy at work and I didn't sleep well last night so I am tired.

I've just been overwhelmed at work with my regular job duties and then adding on the fact that I am heading up the Katrina Relief stuff for my division, I am swamped! We've managed for secure and deliver beds to 19 people who were sleeping on the floor of their new homes. We've also collected tons of housewares and we're still trying to get more for the families we've "adopted". It's good feeling to do this for others. Hopefully if I am ever in that position, people would be willing to help me, too.

Friday night is Salsa dancing! My class is going to a restaurant for dancing, and the instructors will be there to dance with us and have a great time. I've been really enjoying the classes and it's great exercise. My last class as a level one beginner is Saturday, and then I am moving up to level two. If I end up staying with this for a while, I'm going to buy some super fun salsa dancing shoes. They also have a competitive dance team and that might be fun to think about in the future. I'm not anywhere near that level right now...I'm just tying to learn the steps!

I think that's it for today. There's not much going on besides work. Tonight is leg night with my trainer. I really like her. She was engaged to the owner of the gym, but the recently called off the wedding because of some issues they wanted to work on. It looks more and more like they're going to break up, and she promised me that she'll continue to work at the gym. I hope so! If she goes anywhere else, I will too! This woman gets results out of me! But I really admire how she made such a hard decision (calling off her wedding). I think it might have been the best thing. I like the owner of the gym a lot, but no matter how wonderful someone is, if it's not going to work, you can't force it.

So NOW that's it for today. Have a good Tuesday everyone!

No comments: