Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A Little Blue

Ever just go through a period of feeling really blah? I'm experiencing a little of that these days, and it's tough to shake. Some of it stems from having been on WW for so long and right now I am at a bit of a plateau, so it feels a bit frustrating. I know, I know...it's not about the scales, and really it's not that right now. I just feel like I'm not making any progress, which can't be true because I work out so hard and eat so carefully. I was talking to my trainer last night and she said that this is so very normal, and everyone goes through this. Somehow, though, it feels like it's just me going through this, and it's hard. I know it will pass, and I'm not giving up or anything, just contending with a speed bump right now.

Last night was quiet. Mom came by and we went for coffee. Starbucks was uneventful. (I sure am glad they built one by my apartment!) My workout was really good, and tonight I am going to go see Gran. She's really not doing very well. Mom saw her last night and said that she seems to be a little out of it, and just not feeling very well. My grandfather feels like perhaps it may be time to look into homecare options so that my Gran can just come home. She isn't able to do her PT, and the only thing she wants is to be home. I think it's going to be really hard for my grandfather to have her home, but it's something he really wants to do for her. I admire the way he takes care of her. I hope I'm lucky enough to find someone who loves me half that much.

So that's about it for today. Sorry to be a little less sparkly and upbeat, but I'll be more cheery tomorrow. :)

One very important thing I need to mention...

Happy Birthday Kevin!

I can't let one of my very best friends get by without a shout out! Have a good one, Kev!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sorry you are feeling blue. You are such a rock star and I am very proud of you with your WW.

tom said...

Remember, it is better to look good than to feel good. You look great, so buck up!

Seriously, I hope you feel better soon.