Friday, September 02, 2005

Rolling Up My Sleeves and Getting Involved

I found the way to make a difference for Katrina victims. I am heading up my division's hurricane relief efforts at my office. We are about 65 people strong, and we're going to "adopt" several displaced families in the area. I am waiting to hear back from our CEO, but I can't wait to get this in gear and really help some people. I hate the helpless feeling I get from just watching the news, and now I can do something about it!!

Let's see...other exciting news...oh yeah! I get a new car last night! (Well, new to me) It's a 2002 Honda Civic, and I am one happy girl! It drives so nice, but more importantly, it gets very good gas mileage!! (Just in time!) I paid $2.99/gal last night and it made me sick to do it. I like what our president says..."Don't buy gas unless you need it". Okay...duh! Thank God for W's words of "wisdom"! (I'm going to end this political diatribe before it goes any further and I just get mad at him again!)

So tonight I am having dinner with the family and then meeting Christy for a drink. I am so looking forward to seeing her! We've not gotten together in a while so I am looking forward to getting caught up! Tomorrow night I am going out with Joseph. We've found a place in Ft. Worth he is interested in checking out, so I get to be the little straight girl at the gay bar! (It's going to be a lot of fun, and I don't mind one bit!)

So everyone have a safe holiday weekend!

3 comments:

tom said...

what gay bar is it?

Kim said...

If you will allow "outsiders" in to help, let me know what ya'll need. i would love to contribute :-).

Jennifer said...

Absolutely we'll accept outside help! As soon as I know what the plan will be, I'll let you know! THANK YOU!