Friday, September 16, 2005

The Morning After

I had the best date I've ever had last night! Here's the recap:

Michael and I had a great time last night! We met up at Sherlock's and had drinks (I got there a little early to have a drink to take the edge off...he was running a little late so I had two. I no longer had an edge at all, but that's a good thing since you guys know how worked up about this I was!) We talked non-stop for quite a while. I have no concept of time since I don't wear a watch so I am not sure how long we sat there, but after a while there was a band getting ready to play and we couldn't hear each other any more. So we decided to walk over to TGIFridays. As he was closing out the tab, the unthinkable happened: I was touching up my lipstick (MAC of course) and dropped my lipstick tube. So I start looking around for it on the floor, and he turns to see me searching and wants to know if I'm ok. So I explain casually (trying to hide my utter panic that I have just lost my MAC lipstick) what happened, and before I know it he's down on the floor looking for it! He was so sweet about trying to help me find it. We never did and I was very dismissive about it...but I liked the fact that he was such a gentleman about it!

So we walked over to Fridays and it was good because we could hear one another again. He was hungry so he got an appetizer, and we sat there for a while longer. After a while he excused himself to the men's room, and when he came back he walked up behind me and started rubbing my shoulders. He then proceeds to find the one area in my shoulder that no one ever manages to massage correctly (until now!) and the muscle is just in knots, so he suggests maybe if I wanted to go back to my place he would be happy to massage my shoulders. I am never one to turn down a massage! So back we went to my apartment. (When we left I was laughing and said I couldn't believe I lost my lipstick, and he offered to go back and find it for me! I said not to worry about it, but isn't that sweet?) So we're sitting on the couch at my place and we're still talking about anything and everything as he's really working my shoulders. (He has the strongest hands!) Both us of soon realize it's now 1:45am and we both go to work early. However, he has asked me out again, and he also invited me to go see Styx and Kansas with him and his friends - don't know when that show is but I told him we'd see and that it sounded like a lot of fun.

So that's it in a nutshell...probably the most fun I've had in forever. We never had a lull in the conversation. I can't wait to see him again!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I think there should be more pics posted of him on the blog.... ; )

Jerilyn said...

I am WAY giddy for you!

tom said...

Wow. I am so happy for you and so jelous. Hey, what shoes did you wear?

Forget pics of him. I want to see more of YOU!