Thursday, September 01, 2005

Acts of Generosity

It warms my heart to see so many people doing things for others right now. My company is matching donations made to Red Cross, I hear about people in my company taking in refugees and helping them...it restores my faith in humanity. I have a ton of clothes to get rid of so I am trying to locate a local shelter to give them to so that people can have something clean and dry to wear. I was talking with a friend last night about how it's so hard to feel helpless...just watching the news is so hard because I can't just drive over there and help. So I am going to find ways to do what I can. If you can donate money to the red cross, please do it! Brian's band, Saints and Sinners, is trying to put together a fundraising show. As soon as I have details I will post it here and beg you all to come out and have a good time for a great cause.

Speaking of the band, they'll be having a show at the Lone Star Bar in Valley Ranch fairly soon. I need to get the dates from Mia, and I'll post that here as well. They're so much fun and I really like their music. They were awesome at Club Clearview last week!

On yet another note, important shoe sale alert:

Stockroom Sale
What: Shoes from Michael Kors, Anne Klein, Donald Pliner, United Nude, and more $29-$59.
Why: If the shoe fits …
When: Thurs.-Sat., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Where: Steven Spodek, 5600 West Lovers Ln., Pavilion at Lovers Lane, University Park (214-350-3883).

This ought to be a great sale! With names like that and good prices, I suggest stocking up. I am guessing they are clearing out their summer shoes, but we can wear those into October here! I get off at 11am tomorrow, so I may need to check that out!

I am working out with Jacqueline tonight...it's arms night! (Woo-hoo!) We're working out tonight because she is going out of town tomorrow. I think I am starting to see more changes in my arms, so I am looking forward to pushing myself a little further tonight.

That's all of my rambling for today. Have a good Thursday!

4 comments:

tom said...

The news is so depressing.
I am tempted to take 1/2 of my money and give it to relief efforts and use the other 1/2 to take you to that sale and buy as many shoes as we can.

Anonymous said...

DID ya hear that gangs in New Orleans are shooting at helecoptors? They are shooting at other people? I don't want that scum here, we have enought of that already here!

Kim said...

I was looking for good news today. A shoe sale qualifies :-). It is a small thing but it works.

Jennifer said...

I know! I really might new a new pair! :) (and it really does pick up your spirits, doesn't it?)