Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Rude Awakening

I was just stunned on my way to work this morning. In Bedford, the gas has already risen to $2.79, and in Las Colinas it's $3.05 (for premium, but still!). It's just unreal! I'm so glad I am not living on the west coast anymore! I don't think I could afford it! I was listening to commentary on NPR and the guy is right...we have no recourse. Our public transportation sucks, so we have no real alternative. So we just have to pay it, and my income isn't rising to match the cost of living. What's a single income girl to do?

On another note, I have decided to take a break from the news. It's breaking my heart to see what's happening on the gulf coast and I feel so helpless. I've been in tears watching all that footage on TV, so in order to keep my sanity, I am just going to get updates online and that's it. I have a bunch of clothes I can donate to local shelters that are housing hurricane refugees, and my company is doing a fundraiser next week and they will match all employee donations dollar for dollar, so I'll give money then.

On a less civic-minded note, I worked out my legs last night. HARD. I was able to run on the treadmill a lot longer, and I did 105 lunges! (I'm really proud of that!) I'm not feeling the pain yet this morning, but I typically feel it by mid day after I've been sitting for so long. My poor co-workers that have to listen to me groan!!

I stopped at Starbucks last night and got checked out by two hot guys...nice little ego boost for me, but also a good reminder why I should always look my best when I leave the house. (Last time I went to Blockbuster with Angela, there was a very attractive man there and I looked AWFUL!) So that's my advice for the day...just always look your best. You never know!

That's all for now. Have a good Wednesday!

2 comments:

tom said...

The gas is depressing. (I cannot even comment on the hurricane).

I am glad that I live less than 2 miles from work and own a 4 cylinder car. I am also glad that I decided against buying that Denali last month.

Anonymous said...

Maybe if we use enough gas and oil, a yankee will freeze.