Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Out of the Blue

I had the best surprise yesterday! I got an email from a friend I had not heard from in months, and it was really great! Lots of things going on for this friend, and I am happy they would email me to say hello. So hello to my long lost friend, who is no longer lost! :)

Worked out with Jacqueline last night. Just when I thought I had mastered the lunges, she throws me a curve...I am now working on backwards lunges. Those are HARD! I thought I was coordinated, but these are proving me wrong. Man, these things are going to take some work!

I am going to a cooking class at CM Saturday night. It's a cooking class for singles, and I am going to learn to make a Tuscan feast. I think this means there may need to be a dinner party in my future. I used to hostess them all the time in Seattle, but I haven't done it much here. I need to do that more, because I really do enjoy entertaining. It's nice to spend an evening with friends like that.

Tonight I am going to see Gran. Mom saw her last night and she wasn't doing that well. She's a little more depressed and isn't doing as well in therapy as she would like. She apparently was rather quiet and didn't seem as interested in things as usual. I am going to take her some flowers tonight and hopefully that might help cheer her up. As much as she has been through it would be hard for me to feel very cheerful, too. If only she could get strong enough to walk so that she could get out of that nursing home.

So that's about it for today. Hope everyone has a great day. Remember, the week is halfway over now!!

No comments: