Monday, August 08, 2005

A Peaceful Weekend

It was a nice weekend. I got to relax on Friday night with Kim and Mia while we watched a little Sex and the City and got caught up on the latest gossip. Saturday morning, went to see Gran (who wasn't feeling just great, but is doing better), and then spent the afternoon lounging at Angela's pool. Then she took me to dinner at Mi Cocina's in Southlake where they were having "National Night Out" and the Southlake firemen and paramedics were out showing off their trucks. Naturally, Angela and I had to go take a look! We chatted with a fireman, but he had a ring on so we did a little more window shopping but it appears that all the Southlake boys are married! So off to dinner we went. Mi Cocina's makes very good grilled chicken and veggies, for those of you watching what you eat. After that we wandered around and looked in the store windows and then Angela brought me home. It was a nice evening and it felt good to get out.

And then there was Sunday. I worked out for 45 minutes on the treadmill, doing 60 seconds of running and then two minutes of walking and alternating back and forth. I was looking forward to my weigh in since I had been so good this week and got in 6 nights of exercise. So you can only imagine my shock and dismay when I got on the scales to find that I had gained .5 pound. This was so disappointing! I'm so close to the 75 pound mark, and my body went the other way! I know it's probably because I am gaining muscle, but come on!! It's just frustrating. I know many of you might suggest I get over myself and it's only a half pound, but as hard as I work out and as careful as I try to be about what I eat, this was a big disappointment for me. So after WW I went home and changed clothes and walked/jogged to mom and dad's for dinner. After that we visited for a while and then I went home to get a good night's sleep.

So that was my weekend. I got to relax, and this week will hopefully feel less stressful. Have a good Monday!

1 comment:

tom said...

Mi Cucina has a great Sunset Sauce