Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Stuck in the Rain

Last night I did my grocery shopping. When I got to the store, it wasn't raining. However, as soon as I finished up, I was checking out and I thought I could hear it raining but I never expected it to be raining so hard! I couldn't get out to my car! I had to stand under the awning with everyone else and wait for it to let up. After about 15 minutes it let up, but just a little. I decided I was really ready to get home, so I rolled up my pants and took off my flip flops and made a dash for it. In just the minute it took me to get to my car, I got completely soaked! Which led me to think that there needs to be some sort of service that roams the parking lots in bad weather taking people to their cars! (I would totally have shelled out a few bucks for a ride to my car!) Good job idea for high schoolers, I thought!

This morning when I woke up, I hopped out of bed to turn off the alarm clock, when I heard a small crunch sound. Apparently I fell asleep with my glasses on, and at some point last night I took them off and they didn't make it to the nightstand. Yep. I stepped on my glasses. So now I have to budget that in as well. I was really wanting to buy new shoes this pay period, but that may have to wait a little longer. I don't wear them too often, but I like having them in case my contacts aren't doing well for me. (like yesterday...my eyes were burning with all the stuff in the air, so I had to wear the glasses) It's always something, isn't it?

So that's about it for today. Hope everyone has a good day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you didn't melt in the rain!!! Sugar melts, you know. Ha!

And then, I'm sure it wasn't your fault that your glasses were on the floor. Cleopatria probably reads when you go to sleep --- I'm sure it was her fault. She's probably read all the Harry Potter books!

Jennifer said...

I've often wondered what my cat was doing when I wasn't home or paying attention...I'm sure that's why my glasses were on the floor!

Thanks mom!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I got this visual of your cat reading with your glasses on... Reminds me of when my mom would tell me that my dollies would come alive while I sleep and play with my toys (this was when I was a kid, of course).