Thursday, August 04, 2005

Being Refreshed

Lately it seems that I can't find a way to really unwind. I've been stressed and tired and not sleeping as well as I would like. It's hard for me to find a way to refresh myself, so I am going to spend time tonight indulging myself. My plan is to (and I HAVE to do this today) stop and get my oil changed and then go to the gym. After the gym begins the real relaxation (I hope). I am going to pick up my favorite WW friendly dinner from Chili's (the Guiltless Grill Black Bean Burger) and then head home. I"m borrowing my mother's foot bath and soaking my oh so tired toes in this wonderful minty-fizzy stuff from Angela as I enjoy dinner. I have a paraffin dip, so I am doing my hands and feet, and then giving my toes a good polishing. I'm also going to give my skin a good toning and cleansing. I just need to de-escalate from the week and I think this will help me feel better. I would go shopping, but the budget is a little snug until the 15th, and I hate to window shop. :)

What do you do when you are stressed out and need to unwind? I really would love some suggestions!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I usually email you and Mia when I am stressed :-). Oh, and play with the kitties!

Anonymous said...

drink a few beers ;)

Anonymous said...

Dear Jennifer,

A footbath is nice, but have you considered an "alternate footbath" for the ultimate in relaxation? Known as contrast hydrotherapy, it consists of soaking the feet in a basin of very cold water for one minute, then plunging them into a basin of hot water for a minute. That procedure, one minute cold and one minute hot, is continued for about 20 minutes, every other day. An alternate cold-hot footbath thus leaves the feet highly refreshed, and--as everyone intuitively knows--when the feet are relaxed, the entire body is relaxed! (Wearing simple footwear, such as wide-toed soft-soled moccasins, would also relieve foot tension, resulting in more vigor and youthfulness.)