Thursday, August 18, 2005

My Equivalent of Friday

I am taking the day off tomorrow, so this is like a Friday for me here at work. (Yay!) My mother and I are going to get manicures and go to a cooking class tomorrow, and I am really looking forward to that. Then tomorrow night, I'm going to see one of my favorite local musicians, Robin Hackett. She's incredible! And after that, I'm heading up to Denton to see Mia's husband's band (Saints and Sinners) play. They're really good! I'm going to take the digital camera so I will have some new pics to post. (Both of the bands and of me!)

I conducted my first team meeting as the Team Lead. It went well, but I wasn't expecting any problems. I get a little nervous speaking in front to people, which is odd because I started out in college as a vocal performance major and have sung in front of lots of people and it never bothered me. But I was pleased with the meeting and the team seems to respond well to me, so I am feeling good. I'll feel even better when my raise shows up on my next check (It will be retro to August 1st, so it's going to be a nice check).

I am working out with Jacqueline tonight instead of tomorrow since tomorrow is my day to play. I've been printing her wedding invitations for her, and I am pleased. They look really nice. I got everything done and will be able to hand it off to her tonight. I know she's excited. (She is engaged to the owner of the gym)

That's it for today! Thanks to everyone who submits supportive comments here. It's really nice and sometimes reading your "pep talks" really does help me keep going.

Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

tom said...

I HATE public speaking! It is wierd for me because of my job, but it is different for me in courtfor some reason. But I hate conducting meetings or giving speeches to business people.

You sing?

Jennifer said...

I do. I've been lucky enough to sing at most all of my friends' weddings, various recitals, the national anthem at a race, and I competed a lot in high school. I loved it for a long time, but got very burned out and didn't want to "sing for my supper" for the rest of my life. I'm not cutthroat enough for that business. But I still like to sing and am known to karaoke on rare occasions.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you weren't going to be here today. I left you a message on your cell...my mother-in-law has some glasses ready for you and I'll have them tomorrow when she comes over. So I'll bring them to work on Monday. Have a great weekend and holler at me when you visit the Denton area.