Thursday, September 15, 2005

A Day Like Any Other Day...

Except that I am having drinks with HotGuy tonight! I am taking off a half day to do some personal maintenance. (Eyebrow wax, touching up my haircolor, etc.) I wonder, do men realize the money and effort that goes into preparing for a date? I actually enjoy the process of getting ready to go out. I'm a makeup junkie (anyone who knows me realizes the understatement there) so putting my makeup on is my very favorite part. I get the most stressed out about what to wear...it's hard to look good without looking like you're trying. Well, it is for me, anyhow.

So there's my drama for the day. I am leaving work at 11 so I can go spend time with my Gran today. She was doing okay last night, but she's still feeling down. If I had to live in a nursing home I'd be depressed, too.

I am going to pick up a new pair of shoes for tonight as well. I need something strappy with a heel that will go well with my super awesome jeans.

I'll report in tomorrow with the details!!!

3 comments:

Blonde said...

the beautification process for me is expensive, time consuming and often PAINFUL. I am high maintenance.

Have a fabulous time on your date! I want to read about every juicy detail!

Jessica said...

You go girl! ; )

Jerilyn said...

Half a day - - - and $250 later...I was ready for my date with the boyfriend.

All the hard work paid off -- we've been together for six months now!

But I feel your pain -- time consuming and financially difficult.

Tho - the boyfriend likes getting pedicures now...so we get them together!