Thursday, November 17, 2005

Beware...Complaint Ahead!

I don't feel great today. I had to cancel dinner with Grampa last night in case I have something other than allergies. I am pretty sure it's due to the weather we've had...high winds, crazy temperature changes...all of this makes for a congested me. My throat is a little scratchy due to the drainage, but I'll be fine. I am trying to drink lots of liquids. I refuse to get officially sick! However, I did go home last night and slept pretty much all evening. I talked to David for an hour or so, though. He's so wonderful! We were going to take the day off together Friday and go hiking and have a picnic, but he has to fly to San Antonio for the day on business so we're going to hike another day. He won't tell me what he is planning for the picnic. He wants that to be a surprise. :) I LOVE surprises!! He's such a great guy...I feel really lucky we found each other. I know we've only been dating for six weeks, but it's just going really well. Anyone familiar with my dating history knows that this is a big achievement! So send good thoughts that this continues on as it is!

Onto other news...I am getting my hair cut tonight my hairstylist extraordinaire Christy! I am providing dinner for her and haircut/color aside, it's going to be so great to get caught up with her! :) It's always nice to spend time together!

Tomorrow night I am making dinner for David. Any suggestions on what to make would be greatly appreciated! I am prepared to go all out for this because I want to wow him with my culinary skills, so PLEASE submit recipes! I really want it to be special!

That's it for now...have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

Joseph said...

My I suggest NO PIZZA!!!!!!!! I would go with anything other than PIZZA!!!!! LOL

Jessica said...

Come see me later, I have a great receipe for ya!

Blonde said...

Congrats on your relationship! You are fabulous and deserve to be happy :)!

My cooking suggestion would be called: Engagement Chicken.

1 whole chicken (approx. 3 lb.)
2 medium lemons
Fresh lemon juice (1/2 cup)
Kosher or sea salt
Ground black pepper

Place rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Wash chicken inside and out with cold water, remove the giblets, then let the chicken drain, cavity down, in a colander until it reaches room temp (about 15 minutes). Pat dry with paper towels. Pour lemon juice all over the chicken (inside and outside). Season with salt and pepper. Prick the whole lemons three times with a fork and place deep inside the cavity. (Tip: If lemons are hard, roll on countertop with your palm to get juices flowing.) Place the bird breast-side down on a rack in a roasting pan, lower heat to 350 degrees and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and turn it breast-side up (use wooden spoons!); return it to oven for 35 minutes more. Test for doneness—a meat thermometer inserted in the thigh should read 180 degrees, or juices should run clear when chicken is pricked with a fork. Continue baking if necessary. Let chicken cool for a few minutes before carving. Serve with juices.

It is sooooo good that it is suppposed to make men propose. I have made it and it is fabulous. Made it for a gay man so no sex or marriage were proposed!

Get Well Soon!

Jennifer said...

Blonde, this sounds very good! We may have a winner!

And Joseph, you know I make awesome pizza! (I just make it way too often!)