Monday, November 14, 2005

The Holidays Have Arrived...In the Form of a Potluck Meal

You always know the holidays are here when your office has a potluck luncheon. We are having ours today, but in an effort to lose weight this week, I brought my lunch and am planning to skip the fatty foods. (Go me!) The company even sprang for the turkey and side dishes! But I am strong and will overcome any desire to participate.

It was a really nice weekend. I had dinner with my friend Kevin (we went to Outback...yum!) but I was so sleepy after a big dinner that I went home and went to bed. Saturday I went out to my Gran's gravesite with Mom to put flowers there. It's the first time I had been out there since her service. The headstone is there now, and it looks very nice. It's very peaceful out there, and someone put windchimes in the tree. It was windy Saturday and even though I normally don't care for windchimes, they were soothing. It was a nice visit and not as hard as I thought it would be.

Then we took my 10 year old cousin to her school carnival. We didn't stay too long because Mom and I needed to get home. Mom had plans of her own, and David was coming back to town and coming over, so I got home and picked up the apartment. When David got there, we chatted for a while and then he layed down and took a nap. He woke up around 7-ish and we decided to go out to dinner, so we went to the Melting Pot (my favorite restaurant!). We had such a good time! I can't help myself...I'm nuts about this guy! :)

Sunday I was lazy and slept in. I skipped WW because I just couldn't face the scale. So instead, Mom came over and we planned our menus for the week, and I feel good about it. I am going to have a great week and get lots of exercise in. I feel really in control right now, so I am going to run with that!

I had dinner with Angela and Kim last night to get caught up. Kim got a new car over the weekend...congrats girl! It was fun to get caught up, and we decided that we're going to get together soon so they can meet the new man! Kim is now single again and on the market, so if you know and nice guys, pass his pic along to me so that I can screen it for Kim! (She's awesome and needs a really great guy!)

Oh, my finger is healing up pretty well. I don't' have it covered today because having the bandage off feels better and it seems to heal faster when it can breathe! So I brought stuff to cover it in case anyone gets grossed out. It's still not pretty, but it does look MUCH better!

So that's it in a nutshell. I stayed up too late at Mom and Dad's, so I am sleepy this morning. Tonight I am going to hear the Brahms Requiem at Texas Wesleyan (My Alma Mater!). It's my very favorite piece of music. It will be so nice to hear it!

Have a wonderful day! Hugs to everyone!

No comments: