Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My Gory Halloween Story (seriously, this is kinda gross)

So I was running an errand while out with my mom last night and we decided to stop for coffee. (My treat) I got out of the car and was walking towards the building when I was jerked backward because my finger was shut in the door. I didn't even know I had done it! I opened the car door and my first thought was that I had pretty much cut off the tip of my finger. I calmly walked in to Starbucks and got napkins and directions to the closest ER. Mom had to drive me there, and after getting checked in, the shock started to wear off and my finger (right index) was throbbing. (Not to mention there was blood on my favorite Born shoes and my Kate Spade bag!) They got me back, took x-rays and determined that I have crushed to bone in the very tip of my finger and ripped my fingernail off. Fortunately, I did it just above where the nail grows so I will "probably" have a fingernail again. I am going to be optimistic about this. They stitched the nail to my finger so that the nail bed will keep it's shape for when my new nail grows in. Nice, huh? I got 6 stitches on the top of my finger and another 2 on the bottom side. The anesthesia is wearing off so it feels not so good right now. My finger, when I saw it last night at the ER before they dressed it, looks horrible. I am absolutely afraid to remove the dressing tonight when I have to clean it. I can feel it swelling and it's going to look nasty. I have to wash and re-dress it this evening, so pray for me that I don't pass out. This thing looks like Frankenfinger. Don't worry, no pics will be posted.

I hope everyone else had a better Halloween!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh honey!!!! OUCH!!!!!

Joseph said...

Penis finger LOL. Everyone else will not understand this but Jenn I think it is funny. Remember, it's not the size but the why you use it. HEHEHE. (that is such bull shit, it's the size)

Blonde said...

I hope that you are feeling better soon!

You can get blood out of the bag. I love Kate Spade.