Friday, November 04, 2005

Paris is Burning

There's been a lot of mention of the Paris suburb of Clichy-sous-Bois lately. Lots of racial tension there which has resulted in violence and mayhem. I can't begin to write how sad this makes me. My impression of Paris is so different from those images on the news. The Paris I saw was a wonderful mix of different people who were so kind to me and Kim. Hopefully the violence will end very soon and people can focus on the real problem and how to fix it.

Mom and I went to dinner last night since Dad was going to a football game with his cousin last night. We went to Macaroni Grill, and it was quite tasty. (They've added some very yummy low fat items to the menu!) Then we went back to my place so she could help me wash my hair since Frankenfinger prevents me from doing so. What an inconvenience this is! I am going to the doctor today so that he can look at it. I am hoping to have the stiches out fairly soon, but I'm nervous about my fingernail. We'll see what happens!

Joseph is playing rugby in Austin tomorrrow, so good luck to the Dallas Diablos!! I am crossing my fingers he doesn't damage himself TOO badly tomorrow! :)

I am going to try and see Capote this weekend. I hear great reviews!

Everyone have a great Friday!

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Thank you for the words today. I will try not to damage the mug. No more broken noses please. Soon I will look greek or is the roman? Big nose either way. LOL